- Published on Monday, 17 September 2012 13:28
£130 - £150
IT Service Support Officer - Gateshead
To provide high quality support within Service Level Agreement via Service Desk and IT Service Support on site in northern offices.
Main Duties and Key Accountabilities of the jobholder
- Handle Incidents and Problems effectively from logging through to resolution, ensuring Service Desk tool is up to date and targets are met.
- Demonstrate commitment to provide high levels of customer service.
- Provide local IT support services on site and remotely at other offices covering hardware, network and software installation, support, maintenance and trouble shooting.
- Build and installation of end-user IT equipment including desktops, laptops and blackberries.
- Undertake high quality IT inductions with all new starters and capture and escalate end user training needs.
- Build strong relationships with the local business managers and users, providing excellent customer service at all times.
- Keep up to date with local business needs and work closely with the wider IT team to provide solutions and developments in line with IT Strategy.
- Ensuring effective local information security.
- Monitor local IT services and user satisfaction, highlighting and addressing issues as they arise.
- Act as a project resource for technology upgrades.
- Identify potential end-user IT needs and corresponding technologies of benefit to the company.
- Effective liaison with colleagues to resolve issues and fault diagnosis and reporting.
- Ensure that local IT assets are well managed and that asset records are up to date.
- Receive, store and distribute IT hardware in a secure and well documented manner.
- Liaise with suppliers where necessary.
Working Relationships and Contacts
- All users of IT Services both internally and externally.
- Liaising with users of IT Services to handle Incidents and Problems effectively within Service Level Targets.
- Develop relationships on site at other offices to provide local IT support covering hardware, network and software installation, support, maintenance and trouble shooting.
- External suppliers to effectively resolve incidents and problems with 3rd party services.
- ITIL Foundation
- A+ and/or Microsoft Certified Professional
- Microsoft Certified Desktop Technician
Experience and Job Knowledge Requirements
- Experience of IT Service Desk and Support roles
- Incident Handling
- Problem diagnosis and resolution
- Experience of supporting MS Windows 2003/2008 Server, MS Exchange 2003/2010, Outlook 2003/2010, Windows XP/7, MS Office 2003 / 2010.
- Customer care
- Knowledge sharing
- Problem solving
- Team working
- Ability to travel
Post requires clearance to Security Clearance (SC) level. This will be initiated on appointment to the post.